Franciscan monastery and
the church of the St. Jacob
Church of the St. Jacob was built
in 1492. Founders of Franciscan monastery were count Hohenwart and count
Thurn. The Church and monastery were rebuilt in baroque style in 1695-1703.
The chapel of the Holy Sepulchre was renewed in 1956 by architect Jože
Plečnik in his typical style. The last renovation was in 1992. In the monastery
is very valuable library, which was founded in 1627. There was a Franciscan
school and also primary school.
In the background is Franciscan church of Sv. Jakob and Franciscan
The front of the Church of St. Jacob
Inside the church
(related link) : https://www.rkc.si/ofm)
Land Of Waterfalls