MojaSlovenija.si

slovenščina SLOVENIJA  

 

Boštjan Burger - Burger Landmarks

Ormož

Virtualna ekskurzija :: Virtual excursion

virtual excursion 360° (2007)

Burger.si je Mojaslovenija.si

Ormož is a border town located on the southeastern edge of Slovenske gorice, on the left bank of the Drava River at an altitude of 218 m. Ormož oz. the former Holermus was granted city rights in 1331 by the Ptuj manor Friderik. The town was named Friedau after Frederick, but over time the former old name was formed into the present name Ormož. Among the sights of the city are the castle and the church of St. Jacob. Ormož Castle was built by the Ptuj lords as a defense against the Hungarians. The last owner of the castle until 1945 was Mary Irma Wurmbrand-Georgevits. Today, the castle has a museum and is also popular for weddings.

Burger Landmarks / MojaSlovenija.si

Digitalizacija dediščine: (c) Boštjan Burger, (1993) 1996-2023