|Nearby the Cap Frehel: Fort La Latte:
the lords de Goyon and lords of Matignon, built the castle of the Roche-Goyon
in the middle of XIV century. On a rock top which advances in the sea the
flanked enclosure of turns raises surrounding a cylindrical keep. The drawbridges
make it possible to cross the two deep cracks which separate it from the
coast. Damaged seriously during the disorders of the League, the castle
is altered and restored between 1690 and 1715 on order of Louis XIV
which intendet it as coastal defense.