slovensko SLOVENIJA ŽALEC CERKVE :: CHURCHES

PROSTORSKE FOTOGRAFIJE 360°SURROUND PHOTOGRAPHY

Petrovče - bazilika

Basilica in Petrovče nearby Žalec was promoted to basilica by Pope John Paul II with a special edict in 1984. Petrovče's Mother of God church is placed on the base of the first gothic church which was built here by the Counts of Celje at the end of 14th century. The church’s dome and the side chapels were painted by  Jakob Brollo in 1875. There is a famous Plainer altar in the third left chapel, which is worth mentioning since it is the oldest wooden renaissance altar in Slovenia and it is dedicated to St. John Nepomuc.  The ceiling of the presbytery was painted by  shows the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the four evangelists and Church Fathers očete (Anton Lerchinger leta, 1760).

Uvod - Prologue

(c) Boštjan Burger, (1993) 1996-2016