The settlement of Kromberk was called Stran in the Middle Ages. It
is situated 3 km eastern from Gorica (Gorizia) just nearby Nova Gorica.
The sight of the settlement is Kromberk castle
where are collections of
Gorica museum. The very first building was constructed in the first half
of the 13th century. Present construction is from the first
half of the 17th century, when Ivan Filip Coronini built new
castle. The castle was heavily damaged in the second world war and was
renovated in 1945-47 and 1954. The appearance of the castle display Renaissance
architecture. The castle was built on square plan with four towers at the
corners. In the first floor of the eastern wing of the castle is a stylish
restaurant, around the castle is settled a park.