slovensko ITALIJA MIRAMAR

PROSTORSKE FOTOGRAFIJE 360°SURROUND PHOTOGRAPHY

Boštjan Burger

Miramare Castle

Boštjan Burger, geografske vizualizacije

Miramare Castle and its park were built by order of Ferdinand Maximilian (1832–1867), of the House of Habsburg - younger brother of Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria and designed in 1856 by Carl Junker, an Austrian architect, the architectural structure of Miramare was finished in 1860. In 1850, at the age of eighteen, Maximilian came to Trieste with his brother Charles and, immediately afterwards, he set off on a short cruise toward the near East. This journey confirmed his intention to sail and to get to know the World. In 1852 he was appointed Officer and in 1854 he became Commander in Chief of the Imperial Navy. He decided to move to Trieste and to have a home built facing the sea and surrounded by a park worthy of his name and rank.
According to tradition, when the archduke was caught in a sudden storm in the Gulf, he took shelter in the little harbour of Grignano and he chose that bare rocky spur of limestone origin as the setting for his home. The whole complex, purchased for the first time at the beginning of March 1856, was called Miramar, after the name of Prince Ferdinand of Saxony’s residence in Pena, Portugal.
The style of the castle reflects the artistic interests of the archduke, who was acquainted with the eclectic architectural styles of Austria, Germany and England. The craftsman Franz Hofmann and his son, Julius, were entrusted with the furnishing and decorations. Hofmann, who worked in the city of Trieste, was a skilful artisan who was willing to follow Maximilian’s suggestions. Both the artisan and his patron had a similar cultural formation and they were well acquainted with the eclectic tendencies of the time. Ferdinand Maximilian bought Lavrin's Egyptian collecton to display it in the castle as the Egyptian museum but after his departure in 1864 for Mexico where he was appointed Emperor, and where after a brief reign he was shot in Querétaro in June 1867 the collection was after some years moved to Vienna.

// KML _arbitraza_02 var kmlLayer = new google.maps.KmlLayer({ url: 'http://www.burger.si/GoogleEarth/zasedba.kmz', suppressInfoWindows: false, map: map, preserveViewport: true });
Uvod - Prologue

(c) Boštjan Burger, (1993) 1996-2018