Slovenščina SLOVENIJA JOŽE PLEČNIK LJUBLJANA
Boštjan Burger - Burger Landmarks

Ljubljana - Three bridges

Virtualna ekskurzija :: Virtual excursionvirtual excursion

2018

2010

2008

2007

Virtualni muzej Jožeta Plečnika :: VIRTUAL MUSEUM

Triple Bridge (Tromostovje) (1929-32) connects Prešerov trg with old nucleus of Ljubljana. The wooden Spital Bridge stood on the site of today's Triple Bridge. In 1842, a wooden bridge replaced a bridge made of cut stone. It was officially called Frances Bridge at the time. Towards the course of the Ljubljanica, the bridge bears the Latin inscription: "Archduke Franz Karl 1842. Place." Before World War II, pedestrian bridges were erected according to Plecnik's plan. Since then the bridges have been called the Triple Bridge.

Burger Landmarks

(c) Boštjan Burger, (1993) 1996-2021