slovenščina SLOVENIA ŠKOFJA LOKA CRNGROB CERKVE::CHURCHES

PROSTORSKE FOTOGRAFIJE 360°SURROUND PHOTOGRAPHY

Boštjan Burger - Burger Landmarks

Crngrob

Virtualna ekskurzija :: Virtual excursionvirtual excursion

Crngrob (14 ° 18 'E, 46 ° 11'N, 403 m) is best known for its Gothic church dedicated to the Annunciation. The first mention of the church at this place dates back to the end of the 13th century. The church has been known as a pilgrimage church since the Middle Ages. The exterior of the church is decorated with paintings, a belfry with a picture showing St. Valentine's Day. Christopher, the patron saint of boats, rafters and drivers. In the 14th century it was widespread, and after 1410 a southern arcade was built. In the middle of the 15th century, a third ship was added, and in 1551 the bell tower was strengthened, and in 1661 its "bulbous" dome was built. In 1858, a typical neo-religious religious tower was built.
In the past, the church was a popular pilgrimage destination, and along the path leading to the church there are many coastal routes. The red sanctuary stands by the road towards Škofja Loka. It has frescoes from the 16th century and is one of the oldest shrines in Slovenia. An altar chapel-shrine near the forest was carved by an artist from the 18th century, and under the church there is an 18th-century chapel painted by Anton Tušek.
The work with the church includes a picture of the Holy Sunday from the workshop of Janez Ljubljanski, the Gothic image of St. Christopher on the southern wall, a picture of St. Christopher on the bell tower and the remains of frescoes from the 14th and 15th centuries. the north wall of the ship. There are four gold-plated altarpieces from the 17th century, where the ship meets the presbytery. Above the altar dedicated to St. Martin, a hanging whale rib, called the giant rib in the folk tradition. The main altar was created in 1652 by the Ljubljana sculptor Jurij Skarnos and gilded by Jakob Jamšek from Škofja Loka. The forged fences in front of the main altar were made by the Škofja Loka locksmith Gregor Jesenko. The organs reach through the middle of the year. The 17th century. The typical outer pillars of the Neo-Gothic style were built in the middle of the 19th century.

Burger Landmarks

(c) Boštjan Burger, (1993) 1996-2021