|Škofja Loka - the Castle|
Castle of Škofja Loka dominates above the old
part of the town. After the donatinon of the territory of Loka to the Bishof
Abraham from Freising in Bavaria in 973, the primary castle was build.
In documents from 1202 was mentioned as wery "solid castle" (castrum firmissimum
from Lonec). The castle was pulled by earthquake in 1511 and was reconstructed
again in 1513-151 by bishop Philip.