slovensko SLOVENIA GRAD GRADOVI::CASTLES

Grad

the castle

Grad is an extended settlement situated in the western part of Goričko. "Grad" means "the castle" and the settlement was named by the one of the largest castles in Slovenia. The castle was also the economical and political centre of this region. The settlement was with the name "Gornja Lendava" until 1958. The settlement was mentioned as a borough (market place) in 1478 and has since then preserved the same status as the borough apart from Lendava and Murska Sobota. In a nowadays centre of the settlement is the parish church, which was first recorded in written documents already in the year 1208.

Find out more at: http://www.park-goricko.org/

 

Uvod - Prologue

 

Slovenija