slovensko SLOVENIA DOBROVNIK CERKVE::CHURCHES

PROSTORSKE FOTOGRAFIJE 360°SURROUND PHOTOGRAPHY

Boštjan Burger

Dobrovnik

Dobrovnik (Hungarian Dobronak) is a settlement located in the north-east Slovenia, the Pomurje region. It is the seat of the Municipality of Dobrovnik. The settlement is with the significant Hungarian ethnic population.
Dobrovnik - the name is based on Slovene name “dobrova” which means the oak forest. The cultural feature of the settlement is a church dedicated to Saint James was mentioned in Dobrovnik in 1334. A second church was built in 1668, and was damaged in the fire of 1747. A new church was built between 1794 and 1796. Like its predecessors, it is dedicated to Saint James and belongs to the Murska Sobota Diocese. The church also has a Calvary shrine created by the painter Lajči Pandur (1913–1973), a cemetery, and a cemetery chapel.

Uvod - Prologue

(c) Boštjan Burger, (1993) 1996-2018