english SLOVENIJA

BREŽICE

GRADOVI

Brežice

The Castle of Brežice. The first building was build on the left bank of Sava River. Nowadays it stands about 300 m from the river... The castle was mentioned as "castrum" in the year 1249. It was named "Rain" which meant - the bank of the river. Nearby the castle have had developed medieval town, which was named "Civitas Rain" - the settlement at the river bank.
Uvod - Prologue

(c) Boštjan Burger, (1993) 1996-2017